Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:02:12 +1030
From:      Nanook DownUnder <dj@chunga.apana.org.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq ML350G3 with Smart Array 642 with FreeBSD

Hi,

Anyone using this combination?  I'm offered a setup like this for a high IO
system (log server) and would just like to make sure that FreeBSD will see
the Raid 5 array properly.

Does FreeBSD see the remove-disk/add-disk events?
If so, can the raid array be re-built without shutting down the OS and
rebuilding from the SCSI card bios?
If not, is there a Raid 5 controller that has better support with FreeBSD?

Thanks in advance folks.  I'll post a summary of replies.

ciao
dave