Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 1998 19:33:47 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue2@welearn.com.au>
To:        "Aaron D. Gifford" <agifford@infowest.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, eddie@wicked.eaznet.com, sue@welearn.com.au
Subject:   Re: ssh

On Fri, Mar 13, 1998 at 05:34:16AM +0000, Aaron D. Gifford wrote:

[many useful examples deleted]

> anyway I thought that some real-life examples might help

What an understatement! Is that really the same thing that man scp talks
about? It looks nothing like it!

> -- as usual, the man pages are the real resource

If you say so :-) Any idea how long it would have taken me to work out how
to do one measley little thing from that man page? Sure, it is much easier
to remember how something works in general terms than to memorise examples,
but there's gotta be an entry point.

Now, now that I have a few examples, the man page will begin to be useful.
Your examples help me to understand it and give me a reason to study it more
closely. Thanks!

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-