Date:      Tue, 4 Oct 2011 20:23:25 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Samuel_Mart=EDn_Moro?= <faust64@gmail.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Dag=2DErling_Sm=F8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does anyone use nscd?

Using it since a few, almost without any problem.
Just one thing: while connected to some external intranet, nscd still try t=
contact my LDAP.

So I made a few tests using sssd instead
but I'm quite disapointed: even being in my office, I often get the
'authenticated using cached credentials' message (after waiting for 10
seconds, of course... definitely shoud tune timeouts).

Why should one choose to use sssd over nscd?
Is someone actually using it?

Regards.

--=20
Samuel Mart=EDn Moro