Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:11:00 -0700
From:      "brent" <brent@jeneral.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ethernet Interface haywire ???

Has anyone run into this scenario where a BSD Box (RELENG_5_4) takes down=

the whole subnet for only FreeBSD boxes. Here=E2=80=99s the scenario: One=
 of my
web servers goes into a crazy state which kills all traffic on the networ=
for only FreeBSD boxes.  Linux boxes can talk to other linux boxes, but
FreeBSD boxes are dead. You can ping a FreeBSD box (from linux) but servi=
ces
such as SSH go half-way and never completely connect. Other services such=
 as
http don=E2=80=99t work either.  Rebooting that offending box fixes the p=
roblem.
I=E2=80=99ve seen this once it a great moon; however, it recently happene=
d two
days in a row. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I have other
RELENG_5_4 and RELENG_6_0 boxes that don=E2=80=99t seem to be the culprit=
, as well
as an identical hardware box running RELENG_6_0. Thanks.