Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:09:15 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: forum for discussing 'make release' issues

Brian Reichert wrote:
> Can someone suggest the be FreeBSD mailing list wherein I could
> explore issues I'm having with trying to build a 4.6-STABLE release
> on a 4.5-RELEASE box?
>
> I don't know if this is a -hackers question, or a -stable question,
> or what.  (I've looked at the list of lists majordomo knows about,
> and I don't see what would be a good fit...)
>
> Thanks for any input...

I don't see anyone else answering, but...

This configuration is not supported"(tm).

Posting the precise symptoms of the failure on -hackers is probably
your best change for an answer; if anyone is doing this, it's there.

Is this just to upgrade?

If so, then download the CDROM image, burn a disc, and boot off it
and select the upgrade option, instead.  Building is only really
expecte to work RELEASE to next RELEASE or RELEASE to STABLE, not
RELEASE to *next* STABLE.

It it works, great, but it's not a project goal.

-- Terry