Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:15:11 +0100
From:      "Reto Trachsel (NetModule)" <reto.trachsel@netmodule.com>
To:        "'net@freebsd.org'" <net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ICMP Redirect

Hi Crist

Hi, i'll describe a little more in detail:

"Router"	FreeBSD-4.5-RC Machine, configured as Router with multiple
aliases on a interface
"WinHost"	A Client machine with Windows 2000
"BSDHost"	A FreeBSD-Current machine

Sysctl settings on Router and BSDHost:

net.inet.ip.redirect: 1			-> Sending ICMP Redirect
net.inet.icmp.drop_redirect: 0	-> Does not drop
net.inet.icmp.log_redirect: 1		-> Logging ICMP Redirect

Problem Cases:

BSDHost/WinHost and Router

The Router send a ICMP Redirect, but not only once, every time a icmp packet
is recived. The BSDHost doesn't add the routing table.

BSDHost/WinHost and Linux or CISCO Router

The Router (Linux/CISCO) send once a ICMP Redirect package. The Client add
the route to his routing table. The client side work well.

Is there a problem with ICMP Redirect on the same interface? Why doesn't
accept the clients the ICMP Redirect?

Regards
	Reto Trachsel