Date:      Fri, 06 Mar 1998 03:19:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
To:        mark@today.co.nz, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: questions-digest V4 #102

My secret spy satellite informs me that on 06-Mar-98, questions-digest
wrote:
> I have been looking for a simple package that communicates from a
> windows/dos machine to a unix based uucico server.  I have not had any
> luck
> in finding a ready made package so I was hoping that the source code may
> have been available at the free bsd ftp site.  I have been unable to
> find
> it.  Is it available?  If so where can I find it?

I remember having had to do this a long time ago.

As far as I know, there is only one UUCP program for DOS.  It is called
"Fubar Systems UUCP" (FSUUCP).  You might want to use Archie or a Web
search engine to find it (try http://www.shareware.com/) -- I'm sure there
are still copies floating around somewhere.  (yes it is PD/shareware)

There was a program for the Mac called "Mac-gnuucp" -- for some reason my
mind keeps telling me that someone made a DOS version fo this proram as
well, although I could be wrong.  You might want to search on this as well.

Best of luck to you.  If I can be of further assistance, please let me
know.
---
Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com> - Ask me for my PGP key | PGP: Your
WWW HomePage: http://DonaldBurr.base.org/  ICQ #1347455 | right to
Address: P.O. Box 91212, Santa Barbara, CA 93190-1212   | 'Net privacy.
Phone: (805) 957-9666    FAX: (800) 492-5954            | USE IT.