Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 2002 16:46:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>
To:        swear@attbi.com (Gary W. Swearingen)
Cc:        jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu (Jerry McAllister), alirezamahini@yahoo.com (alireza mahini), questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WAS: Is ther any debugger for c and c++ NOW: Subject Lines

> Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu> writes:
>
> > Please put your question in the body of your message and limit the
> > subject to jsut a title for your posting.
> > It will make it much easier for people to read your question and
> > to make a helpful response.
>
> I find it easier to read one question in the subject line and not have
> to read something (restated in question form?) in the body.
>
> Please explain your complaint further.  What is the problem?  Do people
> not read Subject lines?  I'm suprised (and somewhat embarassed for
> FreeBSD) to see 3 out of 4 responders jump on the guy about something
> that seems to me good, or at least no worse than trivially non-standard.

It is very hard to follow a thread while having to look back
through the jumble of header stuff to find the question being
discussed in a subject line.   It is also difficult to quote the
question in context of the response.

If you are asking for help, you want to make it as easy as possible
for people to read you question and respond.

Of course, please put in a meaningful subject line.  Those who
just put 'help' or 'need info' for a subject are impolite also.

By the way, people did try to make meaninful responses to that poster
as well as advising on courteous posting behavior.

////jerry