Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 1996 22:53:24 +1030 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        SimsS@Infi.Net, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iijppp - cannot ping host after connect

In article <199611202032.UAA49598@smtp-gw01.ny.us.ibm.net> you wrote:

: The handbook section and FAQ are very dicey regarding iij-ppp; the source
: remains my most valuable reference.  While the published documents are nice
: from a casual users' perspective, (and, in fact, do a nice job of getting
: newbies up and connected) they seem to come up somewhere short of
: 'definitive' for more sophisticated roles such as the application I have:
: running dynamic dial-out in a static-routed, high-availability,
: multi-interface role.  (Then I complicate it by using RFC-1597 addresses on
: the local net side.)

 The documentation for iijppp is around somewhere translated from
 the Japanese.  Search through the mailing lists and see if you can
 dig it up.

 It describes things a little better, including things like using
 PPP over TCP or TELNET connections etc :)

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds
  Finger pjchilds@al.imforei.apana.org.au for public PGP key