Date:      23 Sep 2000 18:04:13 +0200
From:      sperber@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de (Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor])
To:        Amergin <amergin@wwa.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linksys PCM100

>>>>> "Amergin" == Amergin  <amergin@wwa.com> writes:

Amergin> I am told that the PC-card slor is found and wants to know if it wants to
Amergin> be the installation media. I choose yes. and go through the basic
Amergin> configuration...

Amergin> after then going through basic choices, disk label etc, I choose FTP
Amergin> Passive as installation media.

Press Alt-F2 after the PC-card enable menu.  See if there's a message
mentioning ed1.

Amergin> And my options now to use are only SLIP or PPP.

... so probably not.  This means in all probability there's an
interrupt problem.  Try all the interrupt options in the relevant
sysinstall menu in sequence, and see if that helps.  If it doesn't,
try turning on visual device config on boot and moving pcic0 to a
different potentially unused interrupt such as 5, 9, or 10.

Amergin> What is up? AM I missing somehting obvious? I could just cheat and find
Amergin> some CD's but it is now a matter of pride.

Well, it might be your only option, as things are considerably easier
once you have a working system: you can find out a definitely unused
IRQ, and you can turn off the fixed ISA association of the ed driver.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike