Date:      Thu, 08 Jan 2009 21:44:42 -0500
From:      Steve Bertrand <steve@ibctech.ca>
To:        Grant Peel <gpeel@thenetnow.com>
Cc:        Kurt Buff <kurt.buff@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Boot Manager

Grant Peel wrote:
> Can I use a windows install cd's "R" option to do the fdisk /mbr ?

I don't know.

It's been $years since I've had to use a Windows install CD for such a
thing.

If it's win32, my experience would have me recommend just booting from a
floppy of a win boot disk to restore the MBR. It's just quick that way.
If my memory serves right, even a win98 boot disk should work.

Why load up all of the unneeded Windows device drivers and other stuff,
if you can just 'fix' it?

IIRC, just to get to the `Recovery Console' (if you please) takes many,
many minutes.

Steve