Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:02:34 -0400
From:      Tim Liddelow <tim@ideasandassociates.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Contributing...

Hello,

I'm a senior developer / kernel hacker that would like to help out in
the Java porting effort to my OS of choice, FreeBSD.  I have recently
downloaded the 1.3.1 kit + patchset and have the following questions:

For native threads, has there been any consideration on the linuxthreads
port ?  How is "native" threading implemented in the 1.3.1 kit currently
?  I'd like to contribute to making the FreeBSD 1.3.1 kit a port as
well.

Also, what about HotSpot ?  Has anyone attempted to port this to any of
the BSDs ?   I'm looking at other JITs now.  The latest TYA doesn't
build under the 1.3.1 kit.

I'd also like to help in ensuring that java ports can be built across
JDKs (where possible).

Thanks
Tim.