Date:      Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:10:38 -0500
From:      "Jonathan T. Sage" <sagejona@theatre.msu.edu>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dead in the water - 5.2-Current Show Stopper

--------------enigFA522412491120AD0C4E19F2

running into responsivness issues with yestredays (and last sundays)
-current.  the *only* log entry i see that is related is the following,
which reads more like a symptom than a cause.  I'm out of ideas though,
everything *looks* normal, but the network performance just dwindles away.

Jan 22 15:07:48 www sm-mta[698]: i0MJvrVi000698: SYSERR(root): collect:
I/O error on connection from mail01.cablenet.ne.jp,
from=<christen@cablenet.ne.jp>

(host name changes, but i get tons of these daily).

any ideas?  custom kernel, ata system, no raid, acpi works fine, ULE UP
system.

~j

--
"Yesterday upon the stair I saw a man