Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 08:28:46 GMT
From:      Cliff S. <csbsd@raggedclown.net>
To:        jwpauler@jwpages.com, Chris Fedde <chris@fedde.littleton.co.us>, modF <modf@home.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HD Space requirements?

> I think this might help you out some, its my two systems, and for what they
> do, they work great :P
>
> On my LAN, I have a 66mhz pentium machine. With a 500MB scsi hdd and 4.1.1-R,
> it runs Samba, acts as my internet gateway, firewalls my network, nat's
> certain ports, runs fetchmail to download e-mail from all of my family's
> e-mail accounts, runs cucipop for pop3 over the network, sendmail with smart
> relaying, apache for my local webpages, and runs three printers (all which
> get pretty heavy usage)....<snip>

Now that is very impressive!
I am setting up a machine to do more or less the same thing (well a few
less printers) - but I have the luxury of a P120 with a 4 Gig disk, 64MB edo ram ..
.. old technology, don't knock it :)

Cliff

mm, maybe I don;t need that new whizzy fizzy PC for christmas after
all..