Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 20:56:55 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@futuresouth.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, toor@dyson.iquest.net, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Note on my experience with Netscape 4.6

"Matthew D. Fuller" writes:

> My good reproducible *blat* here is on access-restricted pages.  First
> page, pops up the box, enter uname/passwd, fine.  Link to a second page
> under that directory, it pops up *3* boxes asking uname/passwd.  Do
> whatever with the first, whatever with the second, soon's I hit OK or
> CANCEL on the second, sig10 and *plop*.  Tried all combinations of entering
> info, cancelling, and dancing naked in front of it (after hours, of
> course).

This page is quite good at causing Netscape 4.07 to core dump. Mostly
when you *leave* that page. Java* disabled. I don't use 4.5 because
Java wouldn't stay disabled on next use of Netscape, no matter what the
Preferences... was set to.

http://comics.sjmercury.com/cgi-bin/comics/show.cgi?PERSONAL

You'll have to "register". Then they'll know you in the future based on
the cookie they provide.