Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 23:03:33 +0200
From:      Dang-Ngoc TUYET-TRAM <Dang-Ngoc.Tuyet-Tram@prism.uvsq.fr>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Accessing devices for normal user

Hi everyone,

If I want to make a device (for example the floppy disk drive)
accessible for a normal user, what must I do :

1- chmod 666 /dev/rfd0  under login root ?
2- chmod 4755 /usr/local/bin/mdir (mdel...) ?
3- I think I 've heard somewhere there was a configuration files where
   the admin could set up what device could be accessed in read/write mode..
   Is that the right solution ? And if so, what is the file ?

Thanks,

Tuyet Tram DANG NGOC
--
Universite de Versailles
dntt@prism.uvsq.fr

Du calme, ce ne sont que des zéros et des uns.