Date:      Wed, 09 Oct 2002 16:47:15 -0400
From:      "Scott St. John" <scott@scottah.com>
To:        "Brian Henning" <b1henning@hotmail.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: simple audio streaming

--=======2C8FFF9=======

I am trying to move to FreeBSD, but my Netfinity machines with ServerRaid
controllers
don't work.  That is another topic.  You want to check out Icecast, this
will do the streaming
for you.  There are several additional programs you can use to get your
stream to Icecast,
XMMS will send the audio to Icecast to stream.
www.icecast.org.

I think Shoutcast also has a FreeBSD port since most of the developers use
it for their
personal machines.  www.shoutcast.com.

-Scott

At 03:37 PM 10/9/2002 -0500, Brian Henning wrote:

>Hello-
>I would like to take my fm radio and plug it into my sound card and stream
>this audio over the internet. I looked in the /usr/ports/audio directory for
>a package, but i wasn't sure what to use. Can someone give me some advice on
>what would work to solve my problem...
>thanks,
>brian

---