Date:      Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:34:56 -0700
From:      Gordon Tetlow <gordon@tetlows.org>
To:        Tom Rhodes <trhodes@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bringing service monitoring into base

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Tom Rhodes <trhodes@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So a handful of people have reviewed, used, are using, and seem
> to like my services monitoring stuff found here:
>
> http://people.FreeBSD.org/~trhodes/fsc
>
> Up there I have a port (may or not be written correctly);
> A tarball of the files; some patches against FreeBSD's rc
> to add support for startup and shutdown; and even a Makefile
> you can use to install the software.
>
> I've been running it at home on both CURRENT and STABLE for
> awhile and it appears pretty solid. =A0Now I'd like to bring it
> into base and let everyone else make use of/modify/improve it.
>
> Unless there are any serious objectionss, I'll pull it in this
> coming weekend; perhaps Saturday or Sunday after an update
> and yet another build test. =A0Thanks,

I would think that fscadm should go into /usr/sbin since you have to
be root to run it. Correspondingly, the manpage should be in section
8. The Makefile infrastructure looks to hardcode paths which I assume
would be fixed up by importing it into the tree. I'll see if I can
take a closer look at it tonight or tomorrow.

Gordon