Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 11:48:47 -0400
From:      "Mark Dickey" <mark@bestweb.net>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: my list

-----Original Message-----
From: The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@threespace.com>
To: freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Thursday, August 27, 1998 11:28 AM

>I fail to understand what services this list will provide that are not
>already covered by one of the existing FreeBSD lists.
>
>If I want to chat about FreeBSD, I've got freebsd-chat.

Hmmm.....I don't know, never joined it.  Does this have stuff on "These were
my experiences"?

>If I want to ask questions about FreeBSD, I've got freebsd-questions.
>
>If I want to discuss my limited FreeBSD knowledge, I've got
>freebsd-newbies.

Ummm....I'm not sure, but wasn't that the problem, that newbies wasn't
"catering" to those with limited knowledge?

>And there's already a pretty good FAQ and website in place.
>
>It sounds like this new list will do everything mentioned above, but not
>quite as well as any of the above.

Almost right, but not quite.  The new list would do all of those things,
just for newbies, in one list.  It would be a more "casual" list.  (I think)

>And by the way, anybody who thinks that the volume of freebsd-questions is
>excessive hasn't been counting the number of messages posted to *this*
>list daily.

Heh, FreeBSD-Newbies gets maybe 30 messages while I have something like 300
in questions, or maybe it was 600, and inet-access was 300.