Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:26:08 -0600
From:      Jeff Rhyason <jeff@rhyason.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Collecting waiting statistics (simulation question)

Omigod,

Sorry to have resent this ;)  I had some very strange things going
on with my mail queue, and my clock was thinking it's 2019...!

I did implement it with sysctl's and a circular buffer and had
fantastic results.  I was able to collect average service times and
arrival times of memory allocation requests on a per-zone basis, though in
my report I only did NAMEI which was pretty trivial since the usage
corresponds directly to the files a 'find /' was opening (thus avoiding any
sort of overlapping usage but weakening the usefulness of my simulation!).

Thanks again to Alfred, Chuck Robey, Peter Jeremy, and Robert Watson for their
help!

-Jeff