Date:      Sun, 4 Jan 1998 14:07:24 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Warpy <warpy@suburbia.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why dump to /var??

On Sat, Jan 03, 1998 at 06:09:18AM -0800, Warpy wrote:
> On a similar note,

Hmm.  It's not clear whether this is a followup to my message or not,
but since it's sent to -hackers, I'd think it was.

My message contains the answer:

> how

By specifying the name of the directory.  savecore looks for (and
creates if it doesn't find it) a file called bounds, which contains
the number of the next dump.  It copies the dump to a file
dump.<number>, and the current /kernel to kernel.<number>

> /where

In /etc/rc

> do i specify where coredump files go as opposed to the current
> directory.

Greg