Date:      Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:37:58 +0100 (CET)
From:      Svein Halvor Halvorsen <svein-freebsd-questions@theloosingend.net>
To:        Soenke Mueller <soenke@so36.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: =?iso-8859-1?q?Probl=E8me_d=27installation_de_Freetype_pour_php4?=

--0-275450869-1099571878=:41419

[Cyril Blaison, 2004-11-04]
>  > J'ai bien r=E9cup=E9rer toutes les sources n=E9cessaires (zlib,freetyp=
e,libpng et
>  > gd) et tout c'est bien pass=E9 jusqu'=E0 la compilation de Freetype. I=
l a fallu
>  > que j'installe makepp (sans probleme) puis j'ai modifi=E9 le fichier
>  > "configure" pour l'utiliser comme compilateur.

[Soenke Mueller, 2004-11-04]
>  I fetched all needed sources (zlib, freetype, libpng and gd) and all wen=
>  well until the compilation of Freetype. I needed to install makepp (with=
out
>  any problem). Then I edited the "configure" file in order to use it as a
>  compiler.=20

You don't need to fiddle with all that downloading of sources, patching=20
and stuff in FreeBSD. Take a look at the ports-system, which does all that=
=20
for you. After you've had a look at the ports(7) manpage, you probably=20
would like to install the sysutils/portupgrade port. Then, all you need to=
=20
do is:

portinstall lang/php4
portinstall lang/php4-extensions

The latter will let you choose which extensions to install. I did this for=
=20
php5, but I guess the process of installing php4 would be quite similar.

Svein Halvor
--0-275450869-1099571878=:41419--