Date:      Mon, 18 Nov 96 14:15:30 PST
From:      Sann Yam <syam@futon.sfsu.edu>
To:        proot@horton.iaces.com (Paul T. Root)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: can't boot up

> >   yeah, I tried that wd(1,a)/kernel and still get the same rebooting
> > message, I forget to mention that I installed on my second drive on D:\
> > and my c:\ is  DOS.  I partitioned my D:\  for freeBSD, it also has DOS
> > in there too.
>
> As a guess. Is your FreeBSD slice at the beginning or end of the disk?
> The root partition *HAS* to be in the first ~500meg, due to PC bios
> limitations.

Hi, I 've try this, and still get the message "change root device to wd1a",
and get the panic, and rebooting after this.  I also tried making anothe
r partition after my DOS in the first drive, and somewhere in the
setup when I was in custom setup and selected "commit", I get the message
like "can't find kernel image link in the root file systems........",
wonder what did I do wrong? or why this happened?

Thanks,
-Sann