Date:      Fri, 19 Feb 1999 16:57:00 +1100
From:      Jim Mock <jim@corp.au.triax.com>
To:        DJ <dj@togem.kawatetsu.ne.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to config qpopper on FreeBSD 2.2.7 ?

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999 at 14:29:46 +0900, DJ wrote:
> Hello,
> I installed qpopper-2.53 on FreeBSD 2.2.7,
> I can recieve mails of user named "dj" password "xyiovu",
> but i can't recieve mails of  "root" password "dj0423",
> it reported password error.

Umm, you do realize that you just gave everyone on the list your
login, password, and root password?  I suggest you change them.. NOW.

Now for your problem.. as far as I know, popper looks at /etc/ftpusers
and disallows access by that.  The root account is in /etc/ftpusers,
which is why you can't check root's mail via pop.

Your best bet is to do the following..

1) edit /etc/aliases and add the following line to have all mail sent
to root to your local user, assuming your username is dj.

	root:	dj

2) type 'newaliases' at the prompt (without the quotes)
3) send an email to root and see if you get it

Hope this helps,

--
: Jim Mock			| [jim@corp.au.triax.com]	:
: System Administrator		| http://www.triax.com/		: