Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:32:02 -0800
From:      walt <wa1ter@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gnome irritations

Hi Marcus,

I just got bitten again by the latest gnome upgrades :0(

I know now what to do because I've been thru it twice before,
but each time it's still a PIA.

I still use gnumeric, which requires the old gnome1.4 packages,
and when those get re-installed by portupgrade I get the old 1.4
panel instead of the new one, so I have to deinstall/reinstall
gnomesession to fix it.

Then, when the FreeBSD version gets bumped, as it just did,
gnome-system-monitor stops running which requires a deinstall/
reinstall of libgtop2, which I have to stop and figure out
each time.

Any chance that gnumeric will soon be running under gnome2 ?
At least I could delete the old gnome stuff and eliminate
one of the problems.