Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 1997 22:47:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Matthew J. Gentner" <gentnem@sunyit.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   CD ROM installation..

Do you have any troubleshooting tips for getting a CD-ROM install of
freeBSD 2.2.2 (Walnut Creek CD's) to roll??

My CD-ROM is a Panasonic IDE/ATAPI jobber, I've tried it on the primary
and secondary IDE controllers, both as master and slave.  In the readme
files it was mentioned to try setting it's port to -1..  Apparently, the
probe is supposed to move upward from there.  It's impossible to set the
port address to -1 though (I tried '1' anyway).

How do you PROs do it??  Any clue would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

http://www.sunyit.edu/~gentnem