Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 01:46:13 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        geoff@ugc.ab.ca, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unable to install 3.0-RELEASE with an AHA1542 !

In message <199810212306.QAA02693@dingo.cdrom.com> Mike Smith writes:
: You want to be talking to Warner Losh about this; moved to -scsi where
: it belongs.

Yes.  I've been able to kinda recreate Geoff's problem.  I've had
problems with the 1542B that I got from FTL when writing to scsi
disks, but reads from scsi cdroms work fine.  Geogg's problem, as he
communicated it to me, was that sometimes it would not even detect
correctly.

Justing gave me several ideas on how to correct this problem.  I'm
looking into it as time allows...

Warner