Date:      Tue, 9 May 1995 11:18:31 -0700
From:      Timothy Moore <moore@WOLFE.net>
To:        VCAPUANO@VMPROFS.ESOC.ESA.DE
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: XFree and FreeBSD

   Date:         Tue, 09 May 95 14:41:03 EST
   From: Vincenzo Capuano <VCAPUANO@VMPROFS.ESOC.ESA.DE>
   Sender: hackers-owner@FreeBSD.org

   I am running the February snapshot. And since the release 2.0 I am
   having one problem with XFree86 3.1.x.
   I start X and I can work fine with it. But when I want to switch to
   another screen (using ctrl-alt-Fx) or I exit from the window system
   I don't see anything on the screen everything is black. I can type
   commands, but I cannot see the screen. The solution is to reboot.

   Has this been fixed, or has everybody experienced this behaviour?

   I am using   a Tseng ET4000 SVGA card.

I'm seeing the same behavior with the 950412 snapshot, ET4000/W32p
card, but only when ctwm is running.  This is a pain because the card
doesn't come up quite right initially (mouse droppings) so I need to
switch back and forth to the console once after starting X (some
initialization problem, obviously).  This is with the pcvt25 console
driver.

Tim