Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 11:15:10 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        ALVA <alva@freewwweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd support of EIDE drives

[moved to -questions where it belonged]

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 08:33:36AM -0800, ALVA wrote:
> hi, I saw the spects of freebsd supported hardware and  I found that
> there's
> no mention of freebsd supporting EIDE drives, it supports IDE all
> right.
> but I'm on a dell dimension xps p200 wich supports eide only
> here are the spects of the puter in case you want to look at them.
>
> http://support.dell.com/docs/dta/_trmntor/00000005.htm

They are supported.  The only real gotcha is that drives greater then
27GB may require all partitions to be smaller then ~27GB under 3.x due
to a bug that is though to reside in the wd driver.

-- Brooks

--
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one"