Date:      Mon, 09 Sep 1996 11:41:01 -0800
From:      oli@deltanet.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   freebsd ftp install modem trouble

Hi. I would like to congatulate you on a fine product! Keep up the
good work!

I am having trouble with the PPP (from the install disk) connecting to
my modem. I have a 486 66-8mb Ram, 200 mb hd avail for the unix part.,
with win95 on the other drive (C:), two 16550 serial ports configured
std irq and base address, and a 288 modem hooked up to com 2 (that
works on the win95 boot).

I went to the -c boot config and the ports are adressed properly but
when I go to term in the connect portion I get no response from my at
commands (at; atdt; atz). The cursor just goes back to the front of
the line and nothing ever responds. The modem light doesn't even
flicker like it does when it gets comm from the computer..

any ideas you have would be helpful! Thanks you in advance.

Craig Duerr,

oli@deltanet.com