Date:      Wed, 20 Jun 2001 20:19:03
From:      "=?iso-8859-1?B?TeFyY2lvIERhdmlk?=" <marciofdavid@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD ? What kind of OS is that ?

<DIV>I'm using M$ Win ME right now. I tried windows 95/98/ME/2K, MacOS, Linux (many distributions), BeOS, and some others OSs ! hehe</DIV>
<DIV>Well, looking at all those OSs, I decided to continue with my old M$ OS........</DIV>
<DIV>But now I wanna something new ! Something diferent... not just a new stupid linux distribution that takes 5 hours to make it work and about a month to make the damn internet work.</DIV>
<DIV>So, i would like to know if FreeBSD is a DIFERENT OS, or it's just another "Linux-like" OS. Exemple : Will i see a stupid prompt asking me to type "root" when i turn on my computer ? Will i have to use wich Graphical interface ? (please, say it's not KDE...)</DIV>
<DIV>Guess that's all.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>PS. Sorry for my bad english... I'm from Brazil...</DIV>
<DIV>PS2. I'm NOT saying FreeBSD is a bad OS (I don''t even know it !). Just wanna find more info about this OS before install it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanx for your help.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>