Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 2002 11:59:26 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Random hangs on (at least) SCSI reads

Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net> writes:
> I'd bet a lot more of a bum riser card then on a generic problem
> with riser cards.

4 identically built machines have a bum riser card? =)

Still, that's a possibility, although I must ask you...

> We've got got quite a few 2U systems running
> various cards with few problems.

Are you running with twin 29160s at full bore (160 Mb/sec)?
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

In a meadow, the King shot an arrow at a deer but missed.
"Bravo!" a Fool shouted. The King became angry and snapped
"So! You're making fun of me, eh? I am going to punish the
life out of you!"  "My word of praise wasn't for His
Excellency, but for the deer."