Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2003 00:16:29 +0000
From:      User Tysken <tysken@post.utfors.se>
To:        Aaron Burke <aburke@nullplusone.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XDM on multiple virutal X screens ( ALT-F9,ALT-F10...)

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 06:03:50AM -0800, Aaron Burke wrote:

> This is the only file that you have to modify, however you need
> to make two seperate mods.
>
> The default file just says
> :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X
>
> Just change it to say the following.
> :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X :0
> :1 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X :1
>
> The only line that is in there is ":0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X"

Okej, then I "almost" did right.

> You have searched  well enough. I remember playing with this
> for about a week in the past. (when I first got it working).
> Its amazing how easy the change is to make though.

Perhaps folk does not like to run it for some reasons. But If i want it to
get it running on diffrent screens I have to edit /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config I guess and add the other graphic card there, and so forth.

> This is an unrelated problem. Feel free to ask about it on
> -questions though.

I thinking of it.

> You should always be able to ssh into your box (provided your
> running the server, and you are).

I know I do that, but the computer real crashes hard.

> Nothing to do there.

Okie dokie

> > Anyway thanks for reading and perhaps replying to this mail :)
> Thats what some of us are here for.

I might not answer any mails on the list but I help my friends IRL istead.
But I don't know that many IRL that runs FreeBSD. Any way this is getting of
topic. Expect me to write more mail on other subjects.