Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:07:20 -0700
From:      "Casey Scott" <casey76@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [No Subject]

I recently switched my ADSL connection from Verizon (awful) to Earthlink.
Earthlink uses a PPPoE connection and Verizon didn't. The problem is that any
email I send, except to earthlink, results in a:

 '... dsn=4.0.0, stat=Deferred: Operation timed out with <domain>'

Any message sent to earthlink arrives successfully. I have watched tcpdump,
successfully telnetted to port 25 on the machine in question, and all inbound
mail arrives successfully. I don't know why all outbound mail is having
problems. Everything else with the connection seems fine, outgoing and
incoming. Below is my ppp.conf file:
default:
 set log Phase tun command
 set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0

earthlink:
      set device PPPoE:xl0
      set authname <username>
      set authkey <password>
      set dial
      set login
      add default HISADDR
      enable dns

Does anyone have any idea why sendmail would have an issue with PPPoE? It
worked fine w/ the Verizon ADSL (Non PPPoE).

Regards,
Casey Scott