Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 20:05:04 -0700
From:      "William R. Somsky" <wrsomsky@halcyon.com>
To:        Studded <Studded@dal.net>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Strange make behavior in 3.0-BETA-elf

On Wed, Sep 23, 1998 at 11:01:32AM -0700, Studded wrote:

> FYI, you have no return address in your headers.

Sorry, looks like I've got some sendmail config problems.  I'll check it...

> Gramarye Root wrote:
> >
> > I've just updated my system from 2.2.7-STABLE to 3.0-CURRENT/BETA-elf
> > and have been rebuilding ports to turn them into elf's.
> >
> > However, the ssh port dies on my system w/ the following error:
>
> 	Make sure that you have the VERY latest ports collection and
> bsd.port.mk. TMK this problem is already fixed.

Hmm... Nope, just cvsup'd the latest version of these a few minutes
ago, and still the same results.

Still, should "make foobar.a" in a empty directory report
"'foobar.a' is up to date" when there's no such file?
Try it and see!  Why is a non-existant .a file considered
to be up to date?

(Although, I just checked on a 2.2.7-STABLE machine, and
its make behaves the same way, but ssh compiles fine...)