Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 11:46:21 +0100
From:      Per Tore Larsen <per.tore.larsen@fernonorden.com>
To:        "'Mr. Bad Example'" <jvdietsc@sidehack.sat.gweep.net>, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   SV: Hiya

I'm using FreeBSD 3.51 with the 3c905b in question. No problem.

The driver it uses is the xl0 device.  Also if you remove the
MIIBUS device the xl0 will not load.

The easiest way is to skip the kernel config in the setup and
do a custom kernel config when you have installed your system.

If you are only using this netcard I cant see how this could
conflict with any other driver. (Sure when booting the Generic
kernel you will get alot of error messages, as the kernel probes
all hardware it can think of but this isn't a problem.)

PeTe