Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 09:12:56 -0600
From:      "Fabio Andrés Miranda" <fmirand@metrotel.net.co>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with PPP connection

hi, my name is Fabio Miranda, i live in South america, i obtained
FBSD for free from ftp.freebsd.org, itīs running perfectly on my
computer. Now, i found out many problems to connect to internet. i have
followed the steps about ppp connections in the web site, and i had no
good results. I email for help, two weeks ago, and noone answer. I know,

i am not paying for support or that, but well, feel free to ignore this
email.I think the problem is the type of server is my isp. When i am at
the fbsd prompt, i type #ppp, then, i emulate the terminal (#term).
then, i dial up my isp >atdt 3705555. The connection is faster, the
modem works perfectly. But i get a promt like:
User Verification

Password:

I donīt know what is wrong, my isp gave me a username and password, no
just a password, that also happens when i dial up with hyper terminal
under windows. I can only connect with my isp under window using Dial Up

Networking.

Friends, i am on my knees, i am 18 yrs old, i am doing my best for work
with fbsd, give me hand, i think i need to set up the /ppp.conf and the
/ppp.linkup in order to send my username/password before my isp ask for
a password. I put the examples of ppp.conf and ppp.linkup from the web
site
to my fbsd and it doesnīt work.
The isp is running Unix system V, itīs metrotel.net.co and my fbsd
version is 3.0.
Friends, please, help me, donīt give me the solutions in my hands but
point me to look them by myself...

thanks and thanks
FreeBSD rules :)