Date:      Fri, 11 May 2007 19:12:22 -0500
From:      WizLayer <wizlayer@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ppp & dhcp

--nextPart1198295.oXu2FUkfye

On Friday 11 May 2007 05:53:18 pm Mulga wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a very brain dead and full of them self ISP who insist on having a
> misconfigured dhcp server.
>
> One essential peice of infomation is missing from the ppp transaction
> "HISADDR" the GW .
>
> As ppp handles the dhcp side of things internally, would anyone like to
> suggest a way of getting the server to reveal its address.
>
> To date I have tried running dhclient after the linkup, telling the ISP he
> had a small inconsistancy, and got a ear full of abuse for that.
>
> As this provider "Telstra AU" is the only provider of this service I can't
> change. So I need to work around there problem.
>
> Regards John

I'm not sure what you are getting at.  Are you saying that the HISADDR in p=
pp=20
doesn't work because of your ISPs configuration?  Or are you saying that=20
you're looking for your ISPs specifics for setup purposes?

You could try a tcpdump on your if while connecting (or trying to connect).=
 =20
That should give you an idea of whats going on.  whois, arpinfo...?

HTH

WizLayer =20

=2D-=20

Life is better with a BSD.