Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:18:10 -0500
From:      "Robert Covell" <rcovell@rolet.com>
To:        "O'Shaughnessy Evans" <shaug@aloha.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: watchdog timeout on Broadcom Gigabit NICs

Might sound like a question that is not relavant, but is your Dell PowerEdge
2650 a dual processor?

I know this is coming from a completely different os, but I had the exact
same thing from a Linux box that was on a newer kernel.  The "watchdog
timeout -- resetting" message was all over the logs.  The server was still
up and running but could not get out to the Internet so it looked down.

My fix was to patch the kernel to properly support the dually's with code
from a 3rd party with the same probs.  This probably is not the problem, but
thought I would give you another way to look at it.

If your server is a dually, try to disable one of the cpu's and let er
run...

Sincerely,

Robert T. Covell
President / Owner