Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:21:50 -0400
From:      Linda Foley <lfoley@rocler.qc.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PPP connexion & emacs20

Hi.  I successfully installed FreeBSD 4.1.  I must say that so far I'm
quite impressed.  But I can't fully enjoy my BSD experience due to the
fact that I cannot connnected.  I followed the instructions in the
handbook where you were talking about PPP connections.  Though I did
what was written (or at least I believe I did), I still cannot get onto
the net.  So I was wondering if you had a bit of time on your hands (5-7
minutes) to help me.  I'll give out my ISP informations and all that,
and I'd like it very much if you could tell me what to do.
Login: lfoley
password: toto
phone: 377 8294
IP's: 204.101.179.3
       204.101.179.10
domain: rocler.qc.ca
It's a PAP connection.  I always have a dynamic IP (changes every time I
connect).  Modem is on COM2 (and it worked under Linux)

Could you help me figure where to put these infos?  Or could you suggest
a software such as pppconfig (Debian PPP tool) that would make
connecting (from console) painless?  Thank you.

I also have a problem with emacs20, I can't use my alt key as my Meta
key (in console).  Is it a BSD problem or an emacs one?  If it's an
emacs problem don't waste your time looking for an answer I can find it
myself.

Thank you

Vicnent Foley