Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 12:29:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Francisco Reyes <fran@reyes.somos.net>
To:        Milan Kuchta <mkuchta@comnet.ca>
Cc:        wosch@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: www.freebsd.org website

On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, Milan Kuchta wrote:

> Can you please explain why I can not get to www.freebsd.org

Chances are that is is a problem on your upstream ISP or somewhere along
the line to that site or some misconfiguration somewhere. I access that
site in one way or another almost every day.. also ftp.freebsd.org.

I even just tried it a second ago with no problems.

Try a traceroute (or tracert if on NT) and see where the packets are
getting stuck.

>If there is a  "rational" explanation for these, please have the mirror sites
> include a "please read this" link.

Unless you see MANY other people complaining about the same problem more
often than not these connectivity problems are on the user's computer or
ISP. On the rare cases when Freebsd.org has problems you usually see
several messages to that regard from different people.