Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 22:29:38 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "Greg Smith" <gregsmith59@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TESTIT: Patch to turn pcic_pci into real device

In message <F199d9Ee4zadTMVwVn200008d94@hotmail.com> "Greg Smith" writes:
: Perhaps your documentation is a bit off?  Or maybe the data printed in dmesg
: was off?

The data printed in the dmesg is bogus.  It assumes that the chip has
a memory mapped set of ExCA registers.  This is usually true, but not
for the 6729, so the values that get printed are bogus.

Like I said, I have this chip in one of my laptops that's currently
the netscape terminal to find what's on TV.  My wife hates it when I
do things to break it :-).  But I can get away with booting test
kernels after she goes to bed.

Warner