Date:      Thu, 28 May 1998 04:48:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
To:        Ian Cooper <ian@cdsec.com>
Cc:        Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Tunneling

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Ian Cooper wrote:

> We're presently debugging and extending the WIDE IPSEC implementation
> to do tunnel mode, and this IS being done in South Africa :)

WooWoo!! All I ask is that it works and works as the instructions say :)
SKIP has left a bitter taste in my mouth now when I hear the word "tunnel"
or "vpn" :)

> The WIDE implementation, IMHO is a pretty clean one, and since it
> is inherently a FreeBSD implementation rather than a port, I'd
> suggest that it be considered as a strong candidate for the "official"
> implementation.

Let the best Stack win :)

> We also have plans for an ISAKMP implementation. If others volunteer
> to do some of the non-crypto ISAKMP stuff, then we can do the crypto
> part and that would speed up the availability of isakmp.

> http://www.cdsec.com                                   Cape Town, South Africa

Oh and BTW, I just checked out your compan page. WHY is your firewall not
listed under software in teh commercial vendors section???

I thought AKER was the only FreeBSD firewall solution (commercial) but I
can't use them because they dont have an english version, and that wouldnt
go over to well with my clients :) They would be lost.
This NEEDS to be listed in the commercial vendors section under software.
I'm adding it to my company pages soon as a firewall solution.

I will use your solution in my next big project in a few months.
BTW I didnt see this listed which probably means no, but do you have an X
GUI in addtion to the windows GUI for configuring it?

Chris

--
"I don't do favors, I accumulate debts"

===================================| Open Systems Networking And Consulting.
  FreeBSD 2.2.6 is available now!  | Phone: 316-326-6800
-----------------------------------| 1402 N. Washington, Wellington, KS-67152
   FreeBSD: The power to serve!    | E-Mail: opsys@open-systems.net
      http://www.freebsd.org       | Consulting-Network Engineering-Security