Date:      Mon, 5 Nov 2001 12:45:50 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: One True Awk licensing

-On [20011105 03:30], Bruce A. Mah (bmah@freebsd.org) wrote:
>bwk wanted us to let him know if we decide to use it, because he has a
>few minor code fixes (no feature changes) he'd like us to take too.
>
>(This all happened before we ran into the problem with needing POSIX.1
>character class support, and DES's subsequent patch to incorporate this
>feature.)

So we can become/are becoming/are willing to become the bwk maintainers?
Personally it would be cool to do so.

Anyone know or have contact with Henry Spencer?  I can remember he was
supposed to release his new regexp library, which would speed up
freegrep as well.
Otherwise I see the necessity to start maintaining this library as well.

[Yes, I'd rather push as many GNU utilities from the tree if we can
offer sufficient BSDL'd alternatives.]

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven / Asmodai / Kita no Mono
asmodai@[wxs.nl|[freebsd|xmach].org], finger asmodai@ninth-circle.dnsalias.net