Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:35:10 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Wang Xin <jinstudy@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: question about translation

On 2002-03-27 12:41, Wang Xin wrote:

> i am a university student from Melbourne University of Australia. I am
> Chinese. I am quite interested in the translation project at freebsd. Can I
> take part in this?

Yes, please do :)

> My question is: I only found traditional chinese translation project now.
> You might have known that Simplified Chinese is widely used in China,
> Singapore and the Chinese in Malaysia. I am glad to translate the documents
> about freeBSD into Simplified Chinese.

You can get in touch with those who are working on the existing
translation to Chinese, and ask if they already have something
like that in mind.  Just drop a note to the FreeBSD Documentation
Project mailing list <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org>.

You might want to start by checking out the "FreeBSD
Documentation Projec Primer for New Contributors", from the
FreeBSD web site:

	http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/

or the Documentation Project pages at:

	http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/