Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2007 19:44:47 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <beech@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Satria Bramana <bramz4ever@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: Webmail

On Thursday 13 December 2007, Satria Bramana said:
> Can anyone who had experience running a web-based e-mail give
> suggestion what package to use? I will only use it for study
> purpose, so I need one that easy to configure and help me
> understand the big picture about mailserver.. Thank you very much..

I'd suggest horde, our version of "webmail edition" is the default
settings in horde-meta. It works nicely with any mailserver IMAP, or
POP and is very easy to configure. It can authenticate from about 10
different sources including dealing with LDAP, so it will work with
just about any server situation I can think of. You can look it all
over at http://www.horde.org, and almost all of the modules are
available in the ports for easy install.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - FreeBSD Developer - beech@FreeBSD.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html