Date:      Thu, 20 Jan 2000 17:29:00 EST
From:      Upholding@aol.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Question about virtual memory...

I was wondering, when FreeBSD swaps memory to the hard disk, does it swap a
program altogether for being idle, or does it swap individual idle values
within a program.  I was wondering because I have a program which will be
constantly active, an IRC Services program.  And it will contain memos and
registered user information.  Which would not be actively used.  So would
this idle memory within the program be swapped?

Thank you for your help.