Date:      Thu, 07 Jan 1999 23:21:28 PST
From:      "h y" <sagnet00@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.0 PCI Ethernet detection problem

Hello,

I am having a problem with Ethernet detection on FreeBSD 3.0.
The two PCI cards get detected on the Win 98 box....which I want
to fully convert to FreeBSD.

The box has a FreeBSD 3.0 partition and a Win 98 partition(which can
detect the cards right away).

This is what I have tried;

1. 3Com PCI 3c905 card was detected once only .......and now it just
doesn't detect at all(after reinstall).

2. 3Com PCI 3c900 card doesn't detect at all either.

3. I have rebuilt the kernel....doesn't detect.

4. fdisk drive and install from CD....doesn't detect.(done several
times)

5. The drivers for the ethernet do not show up in the UserConfig only
that once that it installed properly via ftp.

I don't understand.....can someone help me so I can get FreeBSD install
with my cable modem.  So I can get rid of the win98.

thanks.  H