Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 1998 00:33:49 -0500
From:      Kelvin Farmer <erkaf@trentu.ca>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Successful bt848 driver installation =)

Hi,
I would just like to say thanks for providing a driver for my bt848
card.
My particular card is the MIRO PCTV (shipped with v1.1 win95 software).
It has the TEMIC "3X9 499" Tuner. The bt848 chip is labelled "bt848KPF
(429 9651)" It is NOT the PCTV PRO version, so does not have the miro
radio abilities built into it. (Is the philips tuner used only on pctv
pro cards???)
since you web page says that the board only works in theory, i thought
you might be interested in knowing that it seems to work okay (without
any modifications) with your driver.
On Boot it is detected as:
bktr0 <BrookTree 848> rev 17 int a irq 10 on pci0:19
Miro TV, Temic NTSC tuner.

So far your driver works better than their win95 v2.0 driver, as it had
problems in overlay mode with font corruption (total illegabilty of
fonts when a window with text was moved ontop of the pctv window!)

Cheers,
Kelvin <kfarmer@trentu.ca>