Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 22:24:27 -0600 (CST)
From:      Hyong-Youb Kim <hykim@cs.rice.edu>
To:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   kern.ipc.maxsockets

The server machine I am working on has 2GB of memory and 1.6G Athlon CPU.
It currently runs FreeBSD-4.3-RELEASE.
I have been trying to get kern.ipc.maxsockets above 64K. I have tried
128K, 100K, and so on. 80K worked but for all others, the system halted
during the boot saying 'pager_swap_zone = null'. I am guessing that the
kernel zone allocator cannot allocate enough map space for the pager swap?
I am wondering if anyone knows how to get around this problem. Thanks.

John